Monday, September 21, 2009

Here I Am

Well, all the cool kids seem to have one of these blogs, so I figured I would jump on the band wagon.

I am a 44 year old man who plays with toy soldiers. I know, the shame of it all. I play all manner of games, some of which are Warhammer 40K, Warhammer Fantasy Battle, Blood Bowl, Space Hulk, Warmachine, Hordes, Rezolution, Wargods and probably a couple I've forgotten. I also play Board Games such as Twilight Imperium, Runebound, Attack!, Zombies and others.

Let's not forget the RPGs. DnD 3.5, D20 Modern/Future, Pathfinder, Traveller d20, Dark Heresy and I own several more.

Every year I travel to the west coast for KublaCon (www.kublacon.com). One of two Cons I attend as often as possible. While in the Bay Area I get to hang out with my friends Corey and Trent, who I don't get to see any other time of the year. We try to get as many games in as we can over the five day weekend, usually getting into the upper teens. It's easily one of my favorite weekends all year.

The other con I go to is TempleCon (www.templecon.org). It's a small yet growing con that includes a lot of Warmachine (Privateer Press loves this con, just ask them), Warhammer 40K, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Board Games aplenty, card games, RPG's, artists, musicians, dancers and more. You are encouraged to check them out.

I am going to Kubla with some new (well, newer) toys this year. I have a brandy new Imperial Guard army, the Rigard 1103rd. I will be assembling, painting, playing and selling them (in that order) for the con. I will also be putting together a new Necromantic Blood Bowl team, who are unnamed as of now.

I will be starting the BB Team tomorrow. I'll post some pics of my progress occassionally, along with infrequent (I'm sure) updates.

Until then...

4 comments:

  1. Even though this is going to be a gaming blog, I'm going to TRY to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to post some reviews... I haven't tried Dark Heresy, love to know how it plays.

    ReplyDelete