Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Day In The Life Of A Slacker...

So, with KublaCon less than a month away and The Macharian Heresy looming, I have been accused of slacking in my preparations for a completed army. So I thought it would be interesting to take a look at a typical week in my life.

Monday thru Friday:
6am: Out of bed and into the shower to scrub off the shame...err...dirt from the previous hours...
6:45am: Out the door to catch the bus to work.
7:35am: Across the bus terminal to catch my second bus...
8:00am: Off the bus to start my 1.2 mile walk to work.
8:10am: Start of Work...
5:00pm: Hitch a ride to catch my first bus.
5:35pm: Catch my second bus home.
6:10pm: Start my 1.0 mile walk to Stop and Shop.
6:35pm: Stop and Shop for dinner.
6:45pm: Walk the 0.5 miles home to deliver the food to the wife for her to prepare.
7:30pm: Dinner is done and I start to eat.
8:00pm: Relax for a bit...
8:30pm: Go and sit in the War Room while I moan about how tired I am.
9:00pm: Walk to the store for the inevitable request for snacks...
9:30pm: Return from the store and change out of my clothes for the night.
10:00pm: I lay on the couch and pass out until 11pm.
11:00pm: I get off the couch and go to bed...
(On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays I also help take care of my granddaughter between 7 and 8:30 pm).

Saturdays:
7:00am: Up and in the shower to...well, you know...
7:30am: I start gathering the models I need to go to the game store.
9:00am: I get picked up by my friend and we in turn pick up a few more people.
9:30am: We stop at a local diner and eat breakfast, chat with each other and molest the teenage waitresses.
11:00am: Arrive at the game store and commence the geeking.
6:35pm: (From here on out my day is exactly like Monday thru Friday)

Sunday:
Sleep

Now, this post is nothing more than it appears...me making excuses as to why I'm not done. That doesn't change what I do during the week, though.

Let the mocking begin...

7 comments:

  1. In the infamous words of my beloved brother -- "SLACKER!". lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corey's mockery was so scathing that blogspot apparently came to my defence. Thanks, Blogspot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA, Manny... I actually only was able to read the last one before it deleted. He has a way with words, huh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He certainly does. I would imagine its that whole "I am a writer" thing he's got going on...

    ReplyDelete