Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dark Elves v Dwarves

On Saturday I played against my buddy Steve. He brought the dwarf gunline along with a shiny new Gyrocopter. He was giggling like a school girl all the way to the game store. We deployed our forces and started playing. My little surprise for him was four small, fast units. Two units of 5 Dark Riders and 2 units of five harpies. On turn two he turned his cannon and organ gun on my army. The resulting losses were minimal. I lost 5 of the harpies and a few witch elves. I charged the organ gun on turn two and the cannon on turn three. The result was the same. I killed the warmachine crews, silencing the guns. His bolt thrower crew died on turn four to massed fire from the dark riders.

The rest of his army started marching toward me. The warrior unit with my Dreadlord lost and broke from the Ironbreakers, but outran them, recovering on their next turn (the fourth). The Ironbreakers charged and fell short. That opened up the opportunity for the Dreadlord and warriors to charge on turn 5, with the Black Guard flanking the Ironbreakers as well. The resulting combat saw the warriors (specifically the Dreadlord) killing three Ironbreakers. The Black Guard managed to kill another three. The return attacks did nothing so the Iron Breakers lost by enough to break and ran 6". The Dreadlord and Warriors pursued and destroyed them, reclaiming their banner and capturing the Ironbreakers.

The harpies traversed the battlefield and charged the quarrelers in the rear, breaking them. The remnants of the witch elves charged the Thunderer's and obliterated them. The end of the game was at hand and the dwarves were defeated.

Ahh...victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment